If this message is up and the product shows as sold out, we still have a limited supply of this item in stock, but we are reserving for our lightboard customers. If you want to purchase this item with a lightboard or you have purchased a lightboard from us previously and you want to add this, please contact us.
The Magewell USB Capture HDMI Plus is a compact HDMI video/audio capture device with a built-in scaler. It allows you to ingest an HDMI video stream from a video camera to a computer via USB 3.0 connection. Use a broadcast software such as OBS to record or even add overlay images. You can even stream live with very low latency. Device can be configured to left-right mirror the incoming video stream.
Read our review of various capture devices and see why this was by far our favorite.
Loop-through HDMI port for local monitoring. Loop-through port is unaffected by device settings for downscaling, mirroring, etc.
The USB Capture HDMI Plus is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux. It works plug-and-play without additional drivers and can be operated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Magewell configuration utility only needs to be run once to activate mirroring function, setting saves to the device.
- Accepts up to 4096 x 2160 4:4:4/4:2:2 input at 30 fps or 4:2:0 at 60 fps input signals (4k input signals are automatically downscaled to the maximum record/stream resolution of 1080p)
- 1080p240 capability
Analog Audio Features
- Extraction of stereo embedded HDMI audio for recording and output via 3.5mm stereo jack
- Capture of analog audio via 3.5mm microphone interface
- Integrate the functions of a USB audio card
- Playback audio via 3.5mm headphones interface
- Support for recording the playback audio of the computer
Video Processing Features
- Video processing pipelines with 160 megapixels processing bandwidth
- Video cropping
- Video scaling
- Video frame rate conversion
- Vertical flip and mirror (effect only seen in capture, not HDMI loop port)